By Susan M. Frack
The students will demonstrate the knowledge of soil formation by creating a HyperStudio program about soil formation in their own locale.
- Create a script that lists, in order, the steps it takes to turn bedrock and organic material into soil.
- Find or create the graphics needed for each card in the HyperStudio stack.
- Have script and graphics okayed before you begin to create the "Stack".
- Create the HyperStudio stack and present it to the class.
The following list of materials will help you get the needed information for your script:
- USGS soil survey of your county
- general soil map of the state
- Soils of Nebraska by J.A. Elder
- Science textbook
- Soils materials from the Ag teacher