Biosphere Links For Teachers
Arranged in alphabetical order.
- Discovery Education Lesson Plans Library for Ecology - Lesson plans and activities for grades K-12. Also available for a wide range of other topics.
- Environmental Losses - Provided by NASA's Earth Observatory and the University of Alaska-Fairbanks.
- (The) Environmental Performance Measurement Project - From Yale and Columbia: measures how well countries are meeting sustainability goals.
- National Institute for Global Environmental Change
- Earth Guide - From the University of California at San Diego
- Earth System Science Laboratory - Ground Truth Studies: A curriculum for understanding global environmental change.
- Global Change Master Directory - A directory to Earth science data and services - sponsored by NASA.
- Laurence Hall of Science - Global Systems Science: A high school curriculum emphasizing the interconnections of human systems and the earth's ecosystem. Funding from NIGEC through WESTGEC Great Explorations in Science & Math Global Warming and the Greenhouse Effect.
- National Geographic (NEW)- Habitat Quiz. A fun learning tool to help teach about different habitats.
- United States Global Change Research Information Office (GCRIO) - GCRIO provides access to data and information on global change research and education.
- Your Planet Earth (NEW) - Aiming to take the basic science involved in understanding the world to school children of all ages.
- Franklin Institute Science Museum - Exhibits, resources and fun of a museum right at your desktop.
- Nebraska State Museum's Vertebrate Paleontology Research Collections - A virtual discovery of some of Nebraska's important fossil discoveries.
- Smithsonian Museums - Extensive information about the Smithsonian.
- University of California Museum of Paleontology - Check out the Education Button for K-12 educational activities and lesson plans as well as other education related subjects. Take time to go through the rest of the museum for great information and pictures.
- (The) Gulf of Mexico Dead Zone - This is part of the Microbial Life Education Resources of SERC.
- Plant Science Demonstrations and Career Profiles - Iowa State University Plant Science web resource for secondary school teachers and students. Neat demonstrations on transpiration, mechanical damage to seeds, planting depth and weed history. Experiments on plant competition. More lessons to come.
- Plant Science Information - University of Nebraska-Lincoln Agronomy and Horticulture Department web site with links to K-12 lessons, activities and information organized by plant (such as corn, soybean, specialty crops, range crops, soil; water, plant breeding; genetics.)
- (Three) 3D National Parks - Park photos from the USGS (need 3D glasses).
- Tree of Life Web Project - A collaborative effort of biologists from around the world to provide information about the diversity of organisms on Earth, their evolutionary history and characteristics.